Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nubbies in the belly

I checked the rabbits yesterday- 2/27. I have one that has a hard stomach & one that doesn't. The one that does is Bunnicula & she is good at submitting to Cowboy. Mary, who we've had trouble breeding from the get-go has a soft belly. This leads me to believe (because I can't feel definitive nubbies *aka* baby bumps), that Mary is not pregnant & Bunnicula is. The EDD is on or around 3/18 or 19.

Hopefully Bunnicula won't do away with them this time :-(

2 comments:

KerryAnn said...

How long do you waint before you re-breed her to see if she'll get pregnant?

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

IF I breed her again, it won't be until after Bunnicula kindles. Unfortunately, Mary may not get another chance at breeding, as this has been an ongoing issue. Even the few times she has submitted, Cowboy dismounts & walks away. I *may* give her one more shot, because of her age, but it will be the last time. I figure if I gauge by Bunnicula birthing, then that's one month older each time I try to breed Mary.