Sunday, April 25, 2010

We have babies!!!

You may click on image for a larger view.


There are a total of 5. We got 10 eggs, one broke a few days later, 3 quit forming & one died before completely hatching (the shell was broken, but the baby never got out). Not bad, I'm happy. They are so cute. I'd forgotten how tiny they are. We have 3 whites, 2 as seen above, 1 black one & 1 brown one. The black one hatched yesterday (4/24) and the rest overnight & today. Momma's being so good. She's lightly pecking at them when they get out from under her & she's lightly pecking at me now that they are hatched big_smile I can still get in there & mess with them, and she doesn't seem to mind TOO horribly. She's definitely not being mean to me, but letting me know they ARE HER babies loveSo stinkin' sweet! I'm in love all over again!

3 comments:

The Mom said...

They are so sweet! My kids want to have babies so bad they can't stand it. We need more room and a rooster.

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Cograts, you'll love the mama raising them and then any that are hens will be better mamas. Keep the pictures coming!

Millie said...

Awwww. How wonderful!