Saturday, August 28, 2010

Butchering Day

Today I've butchered 2 of my 5 month old rabbits. As I mentioned in my last post, I'm far behind on so many projects. These rabbits should have been done 2 months ago. I have 2 more rabbits to butcher today, then I'm caught up (for now) on rabbits. My other batch will be ready for butcher in about 4 weeks or so.

I learned how to do rabbits a few months ago when a friend of ours came to show me. It took awhile since he was explaining everything & I was learning & asking questions. The first rabbit I did this morning took over an hour. My 2nd took just 36 minutes. I'm hoping they go quicker & quicker as I get more accustomed to doing this.

3 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

I find rabbit very strong but realise as it is wild we could eat it more than we do. Will have to find some recipes - do you have any suggestions?

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

Our domestic ones are very mild. I have a recipe around here somewhere, & I'll look to see if I can find it. It was a slow cooker recipe. I chose the slow cooker method, because she was over a year old, and I knew she'd be tougher.

JLB said...

They will get easier :)