Friday, August 27, 2010

It's not all fun & games!!!

This is a tally so far. We're not done yet, but I wanted to get this logged.

This year's additions:

  • 7 baby bunnies (1st litter)
  • 5 baby bunnies (2nd litter)
  • 10 more baby bunnies (3rd litter)
  • 21 White Plymouth rocks for meat
  • 2 barred rocks
  • 2 easter eggers
  • 2 Rhode Island reds
  • 2 silkie bantams
  • 3 turkey poults
  • 1 rouen duckling
  • 5 chicks hatched by Floppy
  • 5 chicks hatched by Goldrush
  • LOTS of seedlings

This year's losses:

  • 1 adult doe rabbit obtained August 09 (she refused to breed)
  • 7 baby bunnies (1st litter; 1st time mom, and she killed them)
  • 5 baby bunnies at birth, 1 several weeks later (2nd litter)
  • 1 silkie bantam (pecked to death)
  • 3 turkey poults (mycotoxicosis)
  • 1 rouen duckling (didn't take to eating or drinking in the first 24h)
  • LOTS of seedlings

This year's miracles:

  • We had TWINS hatch in Goldrush's batch. TWIN CHICKS!!! This is a Very Rare Thing!!!
  • Hubba got an assistant manager
  • Hubba allowed me to bring a new kitten onto the home

This year's obstacles:

  • A death in the family
  • A family member that cracked some vertebrae in his neck & spine
  • A family member that cut off his thumb
  • A family member that escaped murder in a home invasion
  • A sewage flood in our home
  • The ENTIRE five of us coming down with the stomach flu within 38 hours of each other
  • Hubba lost his assistant manager

This year's WAY behind projects:

  • New rabbit hutches
  • Weeding the garden
  • The garden
  • Butchering animals
  • Schooling
  • Painting
  • Fixing the chicken coop & run

This year's accomplishments:

  • New flooring downstairs
  • Front porch restained
  • I have ended my daycare business
  • I have a part time job that will net more take home pay in about 1/5 of the time
  • I have another part time job as a greeting card rep that I do about once a month for one store & quarterly for another
  • I stayed out of the mental institution just one more year

2 comments:

JLB said...

hmm...I hope my bunny bred for you...her mom was really good. It is frustrating though I've got one right now that won't despite all my efforts.

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

Jen, I never got any does from you, just the buck. I think it was Peter's boy? He knows his stuff, and he does it well, LOL